Forum » Beginners Heaven » BeginnersHeaven Updates
Server Update
    si Kwiz
Posted November 03, 2013 - 00:24
Hi,

yesterday we have updated every single peace of program to latest.

Today I was trying to test anti spawnkill lua file and wanted to add heavy weapon indexes for punishment system, which was done today by our beloved pro lua scripter ben smile
Well so after that when I have went to rules site, that did not work and I have noticed that lots of mod rewritings at site are not working, weird is that some did, like forum.
Error log was full of incomming errors so I have decided to lock site out and investigate this peace of crap php5 and apache2 upgrade. There were problems with options and besides of that it was like a little virus spreading over page all went down. I was downgrading system version just to get older apache and php5. Well that did not work also. After 100 reinstalls, I have decided to start with nginx (which is even better than apache2). But huh that was even worse, was configuring it 2 hours and on end I still didn't get access to site because of weird notices 500, 502, 403, 403 errors, besides of that phpmyadmin was not also accesible - same goes for apache2 version at that time.
So I have took a break after strugling with this some time. After comming back I have installed again apache2 newest version and php5 and started to fix error after error, what makes it weird is that I had to enable mods which are not even used by our website, but ok I went with a flow. After all enabling and step by step error fix I have came on end to amusing, retarded apache2 update change that they have changed some variables (I don't even know whats the use of that if its the same) and on end I had to replace 5 lines of virtual host and add few modes in and bam. Job done in 10 minutes after reading change log. Usualy there were change logs after end of instalations, but this time there was no change log and there were even errors after server upgrade.

So I apologise for this dunno like 8 hours of site offline. Was working and strugling with it but on end it was simple solution.

Sorry again.

Regards, Kwiz
beginnersheaven.net/images/signatures/kwizpodpis.png

www.beginnersheaven.net
    se Papa Baz
Posted November 03, 2013 - 08:52
Tnx Kwizz for all hard work you do so we all can have some fun. I noticed that "Servers" section is blank. Under construction?
ET is religion and BH the church.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eXeSweDane
    si Kwiz
Posted November 03, 2013 - 19:41
Hmhh after looking into this, I don't see any errors or any debug helping me to solve this smile surely came with new version but I have to find how come it doesn't report errors.

Edit:
Fixed, I hope there won't be any blank sites because this one has reached limit of my patience in coding.

so to explain first what it was wrong, well it was not even wrong but new php5 version thinks its wrong and besides of that it does not print errors out atleast that someone who is developing websites knows that has to be changed.

This amazing update came with amazing troll one also, well whole php5 and apache2 is a big fail update

every php file and peace of its code it starts with <?php and ends with ?> however shorcuts were in middle of file like <? ?> and there was never a need to put php after question mark untill now. Well now it has to be and again I have to say ok update is update but update that is not displaying errors but only blank page is retarded.

On short version: php5 update is fail, server site works

Regards

This post has been edited by si Kwiz: November 03, 2013 - 20:43

www.beginnersheaven.net
    gb whodareswins
Posted November 04, 2013 - 01:13
yes baz, I think it needs to be said, because I should imagine all etf members think it but don't think to say - it is very/really appreciated all the work and time kwiz spends sorting things with the site in the background that we all don't see, so on behalf of all etf members im sure, thanks a lot kwiz, it is appreciated very much smile
i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r700/whodareswinss/whodares_zps1bdc1c23.jpg

si Kwiz
Posted November 09, 2013 - 01:32
Server got updated again, with special vote, menu and loading screen.

so ESC -> MISC -> take a peek wink

settings will be set to defaults automaticaly at begining of map

fix: next map vote is fixed. Now it ends map. You have to vote next map after warmup, well you will get notified anyway if you will before smile
auto shuffle doesn't work yet

Regards

www.beginnersheaven.net
    se Papa Baz
Posted November 09, 2013 - 11:25
Excellent work Kwizzie!! Is it majority vote or do all have to vote the same for a change of mode?
ET is religion and BH the church.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eXeSweDane
    de 5man
Posted November 09, 2013 - 13:33
Thank u for your work.
Let´s Play!
imageshack.com/a/img42/9766/nm84.png

no grubben
Posted November 09, 2013 - 20:22
gg kwizzlybear !!
beginnersheaven.net/images/signatures/grubben.png

gb whodareswins
Posted November 09, 2013 - 23:19
hi guys, had a few maps with the new settings today, found the auto shuffle to be annoying, kept swapping me to axis, with only 2 human players in, oh and the settings for panzer now?, that's a joke right? smile

si Kwiz
Posted November 10, 2013 - 01:09
axis had 2 players in and allies more than 4 than right?

This post has been edited by si Kwiz: November 10, 2013 - 01:10

www.beginnersheaven.net
    gb whodareswins
Posted November 10, 2013 - 02:21
hi kwiz, not sure how many was aside, but later played botwar with danin and Julie, axis had like 16 and I still kept getting swapped m8 smile

si Kwiz
Posted November 10, 2013 - 11:44
Hmhh balance should not be activated during botwar, danin told me this on skype and I have tested it. Told him to report me back some values on which script launches to debug this.

Also if you are trying to join team in which are bots during botwar, you will get swapped because after all it is botwar smile if that was the case. I will check logs. Demos/screenshots would be nice or anything that would help me to get this right.

Regards

www.beginnersheaven.net
    si Kwiz
Posted November 10, 2013 - 12:29
I see etadmin_mod had its own even teams on, disabled that one. Should work like charm now, we are botwaring now on max

www.beginnersheaven.net
    gb whodareswins
Posted November 10, 2013 - 14:12
great stuff kwiz, hope its fixed it, will try it out later, meanwhile..... im busy selling on ebay smile smile

Jump to Forum:

Username

Password

Remember Me

Forgotten your password?