Forum » Beginners Heaven » BeginnersHeaven Updates
BeginnersHeaven Goes silEnT
    fi Aciz
Posted September 15, 2014 - 18:34

Today we have finally released a new mod on our main server: silEnT Mod.

The decision was discussed between admins for around 2 weeks, and after lots of configuration, everything is setup and I have just launched the new mod on the server.

The server is configured to be as identical as possible to our ETPub in terms of gameplay, though some changes had to be made due to limitations by mod.

Please note that all admin levels have been reset! It was not possible to merge the ETPub admin database to silEnT's database, so ask admins to give you your existing level back! I will be sitting on the server for few hours now, giving back admin levels to every player who comes visit the server. XP data however is restored.

If there are no admins around, make sure you rename yourself (ETF members) so you won't get kicked & temp banned for clantag protection!

EDIT: I gave few people admin levels (mostly admins) by looking up database and editing it. But I cannot remember everyone's levels, so I cannot give everyone their levels while they are offline.

So, what exactly is new?

- New client side customization: Silent has a lot of customization available for clients. Refer to this page for more info.
- silEnT Anti-Cheat: silEnT has it's very own anti cheat that catches cheaters and automatically bans them with better success than PunkBuster ever had.
- New weapons: silEnT brings PPSH submachine gun and advanced demolition grenade for soldiers and tripmines for engineers.
- Advanced voting is now under Vote -> Custom: This change was made because of silEnT's different menu implementation, and it was a lot easier to configure it that way.
- !hello command is now !hi: There was some weird bug that broke !hello command, so it's now !hi instead.
- Sounds are done with LUA, no more ETAdmin Mod: Just a technical detail, doesn't affect your gameplay experience.
- BH Pack size reduced: We deleted some unneccessary stuff, re-encoded most of our sounds and made some optimizations, so it's now over 50% smaller.

Hope you enjoy the new mod!

Regards,

BH Staff

This post has been edited by fi Aciz: September 17, 2014 - 20:14

beginnersheaven.net/images/signatures/acizco.png

valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/ml5xru.png

miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acizco.png
  x 2  x 1

http://www.youtube.com/ImAciz
    se Papa Baz
Posted September 16, 2014 - 04:54
Thanks Aciz, you've done an awsome job.
ET is religion and BH the church.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eXeSweDane
    gb whodareswins
Posted September 16, 2014 - 22:14
well silent seems ok, (although its just crashed while Julie n me were playing) only probs I can say now are, bots seem set too high, cant vote on time extend, doublejump, maybe others too. smile
i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r700/whodareswinss/whodares_zps1bdc1c23.jpg

fi Aciz
Posted September 17, 2014 - 05:40
whodareswins wrote:
well silent seems ok, (although its just crashed while Julie n me were playing)

How did it crash? Was it just a random crash or did something happen/was about to happen right before it crashed?

whodareswins wrote:
only probs I can say now are, bots seem set too high

Fixed, probably typo from me, difficulty was set to 3 instead of 2 like it used to be.

whodareswins wrote:
cant vote on time extend, doublejump, maybe others too. smile

Fixed, it was set to disable after 300 seconds after map start (it even printed it out saying it's blocked).

gb whodareswins
Posted September 17, 2014 - 11:09
nice one ac, no I don't recall anything happening before the crash, actually I thought it was my connection gone down, but it happened to Julie same time.

si Kwiz
Posted September 17, 2014 - 14:34
Official bug reports thread
beginnersheaven.net/images/signatures/kwizpodpis.png

www.beginnersheaven.net
    fi Aciz
Posted September 17, 2014 - 18:23

Added to OP.

gb Sooty
Posted October 15, 2014 - 13:02
Hi everyone.
Just trying to get my Silent and Omni-bot server working.

At the moment I can get ET to load the Silent mod which runs ok, but if I then load the Omni-bot mod, ET runs with the Omni-bots working but not the Silent mod sad When I select Mods in the ET menu, I am unable to select both mods to load.

Help!

gb whodareswins
Posted October 15, 2014 - 19:57
yep, you lost me there smile

Jump to Forum:

Username

Password

Remember Me

Forgotten your password?